Here are some tips that I use on myself when traveling:
- I try to fly at night so I can sleep the entire flight and that allows me to be up once I arrive to my destination.
- Go to bed at a decent time, this will allow you to get the most out of your day. If you travel to explore, most of that will happen during the morning/afternoon. So you want to make sure you’re up early!
- I’m usually going non stop when I travel because I want to get the most out of it. I like to tell myself that you can sleep when you’re back home.
- If you’re a coffee drinker making yourself a cup of coffee in the morning can help to wake you up.
- Taking a shower in the morning is my number one thing to do. Not only does it help me wake up but I also get to meditate and get myself in the right state of mind.
- If possible on your last day of vacation try to give yourself a chill day.
- When you get back home try to give yourself at least two to three days before heading back to your daily work routine. This will allow you to catch up on sleep and to get your body back to its normal routine.
Traveling can be hard on your body. You want to make sure you are listening to it as well. The key to remaining healthy on a trip is to not overwork yourself.